Thursday, October 11, 2007

Free Web Hosting - is it worth it?

One of my requirements in this whole venture is trying to save money where I can, and that's what attracted me to free web hosting to begin with. I mean, what could be better than free? Well, 99.9% uptime, and technical support, that's what! While I do love my current free hosting service, I have experienced some outage problems with them, and they offer no tech support at all, which can be a real problem to a total newbie, or even a techie pro like myself.

However, I am not complaining! While I still have not figured out what their catch is - how they make their money - I am happy currently hosting about 20 sites at 000webhost.com - by far the best free web host I've found. If you're looking for rock-solid support and reliability, go with a good paid host. But, if you're just starting out, consider going with free hosting until you can afford your own server.

Cheers,
Sebastian

No comments: